South West Four Festival returns to London’s Clapham Common on Saturday, August 24th and Sunday, August 25th to fuse drum & bass, garage, house, techno, grime and more together. Headliners this year include Martin Garrix, Pendulum, Craig David, Chase & Status, Jauz b2b Holy Goof, Wiley, Sigala, Noisia, Disciples and Redlight b2b Zinc, but we look beyond the biggest acts to present five to see each day.
1) Madam X - the DJ/label boss looks after KAIZEN and Manchester’s BPM. Expect to hear deep, dark underground sounds.
2) Big Zuu - the debut album for this grime artist, Content with Content spawned hit tunes like ‘B.I.G’ and ‘Fall Off’ with JME. He’s part of Craig David’s TS5 takeover.
3) Elderbrook - the Grammy-nominated, multi-instrumentalist teamed up with Camelphat for ‘Cola’. Expect to hear music from his Old Friend EP too.
4) The Magician - returning to the common after last year’s set, hit productions like ‘Shy’ and ‘Sunlight’ will bring the late summer vibes.
5) Alison Wonderland - her signature style crosses bass and trap, and, armed with debut album Run, this is the only place to see this international rising star in London this summer.
1) Ms Banks - last year saw the long-awaited release of her ‘The Coldest Winter Ever’ mixtape, this year she joined Cardi B on stage for her UK arena tour. Catch her and see what the fuss is about.
2) Congo Natty & Rezistance live - a journey crossing reggae to jungle and the true roots of the genre, perfect for Chase & Status’ RTRN II JUNGLE indoor stage.
3) Switch: Hype & Hazard - DJs Hype and Hazard present their new ‘Switch’ concept, scratching and mixing their way through the hardest drum & bass cuts.
4) TQD -the biggest trio in UK bass and garage history: Royal-T, DJ Q and Flava D.
5) P Money - known for his energetic lyricism, this MC has worked with CruCast member Skepsis, new wave grime sensation Swindle and Magnetic Man.
For tickets and details go to southwestfour.com.