Get a bonus festival experience this month when Bugged Out take over Butlins Bognor Regis for a weekender featuring some of the biggest names in dance music. From Friday, January 16th to Sunday, January 19th ÂME, Ben UFO, The Chemical Brothers, Daniel Avery, Duke Dumont, Erol Alkan, Kerri Chandler, Maya Jane Coles, Simian Mobile Disco, Skream, Ten Walls, Tiga and Todd Terje will be among the acts filling the resort with music.
The ticket price includes access to every day of the festival, as well as accommodation in an on-site chalet and access to all the facilities, so it’s an a great value way to banish those January blues and have a weekend to remember. But what do you need to do to have the perfect Bugged Out Weekender? Check out our 10 essentials:
1) Swim to the sound of Mike Skinner. The Bugged Out pool parties on Saturday and Sunday are the perfect way to make a splash after a hard night’s rave. This year Mike Skinner will get behind the decks, so expect plenty of banter on the mic.
2) Test your musical trivia. Stay sharp by exercising your grey matter in the pub quiz. You’ll need a decent knowledge of dance music’s history, so teaming up with fellow Bugged Out revellers is a wise move.
3) Take a hot shower. Not normally a luxury in January unless you have a broken boiler, however when was the last time you took a shower, let alone a hot one, at a camping festival in the summer? That’s right, with hot showers in every chalet, you get to freshen up properly between blasts on the dancefloor.
4) See The Chemical Brothers drop their block rockin’ beats. In 2013, The Chemical Brothers’ headline DJ set was a three-hour marathon of the duo’s best tunes, underground big beat and forgotten techno gems. They’re back for more and you’d be mad to miss it.
5) Seek out a hidden rave for just 100 people. Somewhere at Bognor Regis Butlins, Mixmag will host a secret party… it’ll be strictly limited capacity so keep your ear close to the ground for clues to its whereabouts.
6) Challenge Jackmaster to crazy golf. The inaugural Mad Wi It crazy golf tournament hosted by Jackmaster promises ‘banter’ and ‘cash prizes’. Sign up details are to be announced.
7) Relax in your own bed. A bit like the hot showers – a bed at a festival is a luxury that shouldn’t be overlooked.
8) Go deck-to-deck with fellow mixers. Fancy yourself as a DJ? Spin in the Bugged Out Weekender DJ competition.
9) Get legs eleven to some of the biggest dance hits. Rather than match numbers on a sheet of paper to balls being randomly drawn, tick off tunes against those played in a fusion of disco gamesmanship.
10) Host a chalet party. Of course, you don’t need to try to rival Bugged Out’s four arenas of music for a source of entertainment, however everyone loves a pre-party and you have instant neighbours with likely a lot in common. Check their sugar situation in the afternoon and perhaps invite them round before you head to the main event.
Tickets for Bugged Out Weekender are priced from £169 at http://buggedoutweekender.net.